We are seeking to recruit a highly proactive and self-driven individual to fill the position of a Senior Legal Counsel. The Legal Counsel will have his or her responsibilities as follows:
- Structure, draft and review a wide range of commercial contracts as well as other legal documents and provide legal advice as required;
- Create standard commercial contract templates;
- Implement strategies designed to avoid or minimize exposure to legal liability;
- Identify, manage and mitigate legal risk as required;
- Advise the marketing team on advertising and promotions as required;
- Conduct and arrange internal training for staff on legal issues as required;
- Assist staff on contract interpretation;
- Advise on labor issues and ensure strict compliance with employment law;
- Advise and manage litigation as well as matters likely to become litigious;
- Ensure compliance and adherence to statutory requirements;
- Conduct research on a broad range of commercial legal issues;
- Keep abreast with legal developments, best practices and benchmarks on legal issues affecting or likely to affect the Company; and
- Handle intellectual property issues affecting the Company as required.
- Bachelors of Law (LL.B);
- Must have 4-5 yearsâ€™ solid background in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment (experience in the alcoholic beverage business is desirable);
- Practicing advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Certified Public Secretary (K), will be an added advantage; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
If you believe you are the right candidate for position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, email and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should reach us on or before 3 February 2017.